Our institution, our church, and our lives are built on the conviction that the Triune God of Scripture is supreme in all of reality. As such, all genuine knowledge and wisdom begins with the fear of the Lord. Therefore, we self-consciously seek to pursue all education, knowledge, and learning in humble dependence upon God for the sake of his name. All of our programs are built on this fundamental conviction.
Arising from this foundational commitment is our belief in the integration of all knowledge. We believe that everything is related because everything is related to God. Therefore, all of our programs seek to enable students to make connections across various disciplines and fields of inquiry and to bridge the gap between the subject of their study and their own lives.
These fundamental convictions have led us to adopt a holistic approach to education. We believe that the well-educated person is the person who has the habits of mind and heart to go on learning what he needs to learn to live in a Christ-exalting way for the rest of his life—and that would apply to whatever sphere of life he pursues. These habits of mind apply to all objects in the world, but most importantly the Bible. We can sum them up like this:
We aim to enable and to motivate the student
- to observe his subject matter accurately and thoroughly
- to understand clearly what he has observed
- to evaluate fairly what he has understood by deciding what is true and valuable
- to feel intensely according to the value of what he has evaluated
- to apply wisely and helpfully in life what he understands and feels
- to express in speech and writing and deeds what he has seen, understood, felt and applied in such a way that its accuracy, clarity, truth, value, and helpfulness can be known and enjoyed by others
Our aim is to instill these habits of mind and heart in our students such that they see the glory of God more clearly, love the gospel of Christ more deeply, and by the power of the Holy Spirit spread a passion for his supremacy in all things to all the peoples of the world.