Assistant Professor of Theology and Christian Worldview
Joe Rigney serves as Assistant Professor of Theology and Christian Worldview and Institutional Writer at Bethlehem College and Seminary. He is a cohort leader in the integrated Christian Worldview program where he teaches Bible, theology, philosophy, and history to undergraduate students. He also teaches the Jonathan Edwards’ courses at the seminary. In addition, he is responsible for writing and editing many of the official documents of Bethlehem College and Seminary. Joe has also written or edited a number of curricula for BCS Press as well as DVD study guides for Desiring God.
After completing a B.A. in Speech Communication from Texas A&M University, Joe and his wife Jenny moved to Minneapolis in 2005 to participate in Bethlehem's vocational eldership training program (formerly known as TBI Track 2). He joined the BCS staff in 2007 as a cohort leader in the INSIGHT program, formerly taught as the college's freshman year. He has designed and taught a number of TBI courses at Bethlehem, including TULIP: The Five Points of Calvinism and The God-Centered Spirituality of Jonathan Edwards. Joe is a 'generalist' who loves reading widely. In addition to John Piper, Joe has been profoundly influenced by Jonathan Edwards, C.S. Lewis, and Doug Wilson. When he’s not teaching or reading, Joe loves to play basketball, ultimate frisbee, and snow football. However, his favorite activity is spending time with his wife and their two sons, Sam and Peter.
- B.A., Texas A&M (Communication)
- M.A., Bethlehem College and Seminary (Biblical and Pastoral Studies)
- Live Like A Narnian: Christian Discipleship in Lewis's Chronicles. Eyes & Pen Press: 2013.
- “The Whole Earth Is Full of His Glory”: TBI Seminar
Slides PDF | Part 1 (MP3) | Part 2 (MP3) | Part 3 (MP3) | Part 4 (MP3) | Q & A (MP3)
- "One Church: Growing Up Into Maturity." BCS Chapel Message. October 18, 2012). Online.
- "Great Are the Works of the LORD, Studied By All Who Delight In Them." BCS Chapel Message. October 20, 2011. Online.
- "Envy." BCS Chapel Message. March 10, 2011. Online.
- "Keep in Step With the Gospel." BCS Chapel Message. January 20, 2011. Online.
- "The God Who Loves Us By Giving Us Rest." BCS Chapel Message. October 21, 2010. Online.