The Degree Completion Program is designed to enable working adults who desire to major in theology to complete their college education.
Classes in this five-semester, year-round program are held for four hours one night a week for twenty months. In order to qualify for admission into the program, students must have 40 semester undergraduate credits. Students will learn the skills and tools necessary for fruitful study of the Scriptures, including four semesters of New Testament Greek. Students will not only systematically study “the whole counsel of God” (Acts 20:27) but will also come to understand the storyline of the Bible, how God progressively establishes his kingdom and subdues his enemies through the messianic mission of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The curriculum is cohort-based, meaning that the students in the program will go through all their classes together as a group. As a result, classes are only open to those accepted into the Degree Completion Program. The program is also mentor-based, and E. Michael Rusten, Ph.D., is the current mentor. Additional instructors lead the Greek classes and are used as resources in other classes as well.
Our desire is to equip Christians in a mentored setting to spread a passion for the supremacy of God for the joy of all peoples through Jesus Christ. To this end the purpose of the program is to equip students with both the core understandings and values necessary for a fruitful lifetime of ministry, whether in one’s own neighborhood or on the mission field.
Specific objectives of the program are as follows:
- Students will be able to study the Bible inductively.
- Students will be able to explain the doctrines of the Bible.
- Students will be able to explain the major events of the Old and New Testaments and their significance.
- Students will be prepared for living a life for the glory of God.
- Students will be able to disciple others, explaining the gospel to them, being used by God to draw them to Christ and, in turn, equipping them to be disciplers themselves.
- Students will be able to defend the Christian faith against its opponents.
- Students will be able to explain the significant events of church history.
Download the Degree Completion Program information packet.
Certificate in Theological Studies
We also offer a 32-credit Certificate in Theological Studies in conjunction with the Degree Completion Program. Students enrolled in this certificate program will participate in the first four semesters of the DCP program.